[PD] Re: GEM/maxlib scale problem

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Feb 7 12:52:03 CET 2003

Hi and sorry for the self reply,

I just had an idea how to solve (or 'work around') nameclashes. I'm not a fan
of having objects like [maxlib_scale] because it needs a lot of typing, but
what about something like this:

void maxlib_scale_setup(void)
{
    scale_class = class_new(gensym("maxlib_scale"), [....]
    class_addcreator((t_newmethod)value_new, gensym("scale"), A_DEFSYM, 0);
[...]

The 'normal' object name would then be 'maxlib_scale' but 'scale' would also
work. In case Gem would define it's scale as 'gem_scale' with the optional
'scale' name one could use
'scale' as long as there is just one of the libraries loaded and change to
'maxlib_scale' / 'gem_scale' in case both are used... ?!

Haven't tested it yet... would it work? Would Pd accept to have two (nearly)
identical class_addcreator calls?

Olaf