[PD] MIDI controller question

Stephen Martin squaw at lollygagger.org
Mon Feb 10 05:03:31 CET 2003

I have a feeling this question is more general
than specific to a piece of hardware, so here goes...

Has anyone tried using a Peavey 1600x MIDI controller with PD?
I sucessfully mapped all the sliders using "ctlin".
Each slider has a velocity range, and the same MIDI channel,
and they each have a different "number".

However, below each slider (on the peavey), there is a button.
I've programmed each button to "toggle" between two "strings"
The problem is, the peavey represents "strings" with HEX
notation.

I've checked all the peavey documentation...
Is there a certain way that PD recognizes MIDI/HEX data,
so that I could have each button toggle between, say,
0 and 1, and thusly trigger a toggle button?

I hope I explained that properly?! ;)

STEVE