[PD] PD usability

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Feb 12 20:12:43 CET 2003

>You know what? He's right! PureData's GUI sucks compared to
>MAX's! Moreover, jMax's GUI sucks compared to MAX's, and PureData's GUI
>sucks compared to jMax's (except for speed)!

i don't want bloated GUIs, PD's perfect // low-tech // what we like

( anyway, that boring conversation already happened,
focusing on __TASTE__ rather than on __USABILITY__/__IMPROVEMENT__ )

> * programmers are not assigned to particular projects, except
>   out of their own interest, or because of a friend wanting a bug
>   fix, or because of paid contracts (usually about specific
>   additions);

i hope we'll never speak of contract workers here )) shit...

> * programmers are attracted to software that already meet
>   certain criteria of usefulness and adequacy;

why keeping that distinction over and over between
users and programmers ???  it's just apple/microsoft/corporate
point of view !!

i was born a user...