[PD] PD usability

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 12 21:35:43 CET 2003

Le mer 12/02/2003 à 15:23, Yves Degoyon a écrit :

> i can't see why you'd want to install PD for these people,
> maybe you should make clickable standalones ???
> ( we can with pd as is really )

That's an idea. Painful but very useful.

> i also meant : the programmers often think users
> are dumb and can't manage to compile a program,
> that's what's it's all about, i think they should learn,
> otherwise, they'll be addicted to big gurus out there.

And I meant: the users like to think they are dumb. The only thing we
can do is to confort them in their belief and slowly make them realize
they're not so dumb after all. PD needs a marketing strategy, something
like "Think <whatever>". What about a clickable installer, integration
of many externals, good documentation and tutorials? Thats's what users
are expecting, nothing less. No need for big gurus for this to happen.

--
Marc