[PD] PD usability

Pall Thayer pall at fa.is
Wed Feb 12 22:10:35 CET 2003

PD is just perfect as it is. It'll run on any machine, it's open-ended
and in constant development and it's free. What more could you ask for?
Say, um... How's cycling74 doing on that MacOSX port? Oh, sorry to hear
it. What about that Windows port they've been talking about for who
knows how long? A couple of years ago I participated in an exhibition in
Denmark with some Max stuff on 5 computers, they had to go to Sweden to
find rental Macs. Wish I had known about PD then (actually it was a guy
at that show that told me about PD).

If someone doesn't think PD is suitable for whatever they're trying to
do, they're probably just trying to do the wrong thing, hahaha. If
they'd rather shell out a pile of money for a copy of Max so that they
can reboot their Mac out of sweet sweet OS X and into dull defunct OS 9,
let 'em.

Pall