[PD] PD usability

mark mark at junklight.com
Wed Feb 12 22:59:47 CET 2003

I'll put my day job hat on here (Chief Technical Architect for
a software house).

IF we want PD to be used outside of the hobbiest community then it
does need serious work on things like installing,look and feel,
documentation
and configuration (midi,soundports etc). For most casual users these
things are not easy or perhaps present to high an entry cost.

However for all of us these things are not a problem (otherwise we
wouldn't
be here).

So the question is - Do we want a wider audience? Judging by the
to this discussion I would say the answer is no - no one here is
prepared
to do the (lets face it fairly dull) work of making this a proper
product.

If *you* (whoever you are) want it to be a proper product you will have
to do
the work yourself or convince someone else to do so. The rest of us have

a tool which meets our needs.

Sorry to be blunt about this but I did say I had my day job hat on. :-)

cheers

mark