[PD] compiling osx externals / usability

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 14 11:38:14 CET 2003

Hi,
guenter geiger schrieb:
> I think what Frank says applies to most of the pd externals on CVS.
> There is a directory /build/src which is a collection of links to
> externals that can be built from these single files.
>
> I compile them with a "simple" makefile from /build/linux

Currently I'm using a makefile-system 'borrowed' from Thomas Grill's
makefiles, so his, tested, Darwin-files can be used for my externals as
well, with little changes, I suppose.

But in the end, I'd like to use autoconf, it's only, that my first trys
resulted in externals, that couldn't be loaded. When I'm home again, I'll
send this to pd-devel, maybe some configure-wizard can help me with that.
Having an autoconf'ed build system *should* be much easier to port to other
systems like OS-X, shouldn't it?

ciao
--
Frank Barknecht