[PD] "Think Whatever"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 14 19:58:24 CET 2003

Hi,
?¬? schrieb:
> poor me that coming from the max arena is unable to find the object
> list in PD..

There isn't one, AFAIK. Just [pack things together] and unpack them as
needed. Or use a message like [list this is 1 list(.

> after doing a bit of that i found a great object, inspiring...shoutcast~
> and this other one mp3cast~...so i thought great! but i havent been able
> to install them and one of the reasons is cause it seems i need a
> server...considering macosx brings the apache server inside, i thought i
> was going to finally have a sever for my special streams..streams on the
> move,

You cannot stream audio with Apache. You need to install something like
shoutcast or icecast (www.icecast.org).

On http://www.akustische-kunst.org/pure-data it states:
"mp3 streaming externals - shoutcast~ and shoutamp~ :: streams mp3 encoded
audio data to/from a SHOUTcast or IceCast server from within Pd"

You should also read the oggcast howto:

http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/pdogg/oggcast-howto.html

ciao
--