[PD] 4 channel out on SBLive,kXdrivers // Latency on WIn98SE PentII350

Herr Reinhard Gretzki gretzki at claranet.de
Fri Feb 21 01:53:18 CET 2003

Hello,

two questions this evening:

1)
I tried to get 4 channel output with my win98SE+SBLive+kxProjectdrivers+
pd0.35-1 setup this evening, but when i specify "pd -audiooutdev 0,1"
it says "separate audio device choice not supported, using sequential
devices" and in fact overrides the "audioutdev" option.

Then i tried "pd -asio -r 48000 -audiooutdev 0,1" and nothing changed.
By typing "pd -asio -r 48000 -listdev" i came across that there is just
one ASIO device (stereo) seen by puredata, despite the fact that the
portaudio routines say "Maxoutputs 16".

Can anyone give me a hint on this ?

2)
ASIO Latency is 65ms on the my Win98SE,PentII350,SBLIVE+kXDrivers Box.
MME about 110ms.
Latency measured with Millers Latency test patch in the docs.
Is this normal for such an old machine ? Or is there anyone out there
having better results on an equivalent machine ? On SuseLinux7.1 with
ALSA/OSS Emulation i get down to 10ms with the same machine...

TIA

Reinhard