[PD] Pd with 2 soundcards (Linux/Alsa)

Josh Steiner joschi at eds.org
Fri Feb 21 21:11:24 CET 2003

pd will happily use several devices, its been talked about at length on
the list (search the archives if you need more info) ... the only
drawback is that different cards do not sync with each other and they
can empty their buffers at slightly different rates, so sometimes you
get clicks because one of the cards buffers has run empty.  not
recommended for hifi situation.  why not get a multichannel card like
the Midiman USB Quattro?  I just bought one and am loving it.

independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com