[PD] PD 4 EM

david casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 14:27:46 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, CK wrote:

> well face it pd is a programming language, how many programming
> languages are used by people that don't qualify as a "certain kind of
> techie person" ?

True. But: I would much rather practice Ligeti piano etudes than play with
'programming languages', but I daily program in Python, Scheme and
XSP/Java, because I need to pay rent and because PD permeates everything
I'd like to do in music. But it wasn't always the case, and a 'certain
kind of techie person' can actually grow from a 'non-techie' person, with
a little help from friends. Learning to program isn't the hard part.

The hard part is finding as tolerant a community as PD has.

david casal                   --0+
    ---
d.casal at uea.ac.uk             --9+
    ---