[PD] vst~ and vst_path

derek derek at x-i.net
Sun Feb 23 12:56:08 CET 2003

marius,

i've been using plugin~, actually, not vst~, which doesn't really work
for me because i can't get some variables to work without appending
"Cutoff Frequency", "Center Freqency", etc [ i assume, but haven't
successfully worked out. does vst~ require this stuff as well?]. but in
theory they work. here are a few things to try:

1) you don't have the plugins under subfolders, do you? for example,
when i installed plugins, often they create a seperate subfolder for
the  compant name etc.

2) when you

VST_PATH="C:\Programme\Steinberg\Cubase Vst\VstPlugins"
did you do this in C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT, or just in your PD startup script? it needs to be an environment set up in your WIN, and not in the PD script. [documentarians please note: this IS NOT in the documentation for plugin~, and my guess is that it is very unclear in the docs for vst~, so this is not a RTFM question :-) ][subquestion: how would one set the environment in Linux or OSX then? under Linux, i assume it is a .conf file in the X11 startup section?]

3) in the end, i made a copy of all my VST .dll files and created a folder for them in $pdpath\pd\lib. [also just so i can back up my whole pd configuration by copying one top-level folder] maybe try this as well?

good luck,