[PD] audio dropouts when loading samples

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Feb 27 17:00:32 CET 2003

>> what happened to the threaded verison of soundfiler that's on that same
>> site?  it's an old version of pd, is there any way somebody could update
>> 0.36 with the threaded soundifler?

> As you noticed it was a patched pd 0.35 test 26. But the zip contains the
> changed sources from Yves and maybe it's possible to apply the same changes to
> the current version of Pd. I haven't tried to do so because the changes did not
> solve the problem of audio dropouts completely.

> Regarding readsf~, it uses a (small) circular buffer, that's why there is some
> delay. But it's on the other hand the only way to get threaded externals to
> work.
> With something like [readsf~ 2 64] for example one would get 64k buffer for each
> of the two channels. The default is 256k.

as far as i could follow your conversation, readsf~ seams to be a
threaded soundfiler.

but: doesn't readsf~ play back and soundfiler write sounds into
buffers? i don't know much about the source code of these two objects,
but to me they seem to be quite different objects.
...well, i hope that i am wrong :-)

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.net
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,