[PD] mtof and other nonsense

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Thu Feb 27 20:44:55 CET 2003

Hi

> i recall there being a text file that mtof referenced to assign
> frequency to midi relationships.
> Is this fantasy?

The mtof textfile is in 3.audio.examples. I am pretty sure that the mtof
object does not use that file for anything.

> Does the Joystick code by J. Sarlo work at all on SGI??
> I woudl like to use pd on the onyx with a joystick controller that could
> simultaneously control Performer in a CAVE like environment

I don't think it will compile without modifications. Can you use a joystick
on an SGI (Onyx?)? In that case it may be possible with a few modifications.
Another way to go: Do you have a Wand for the CAVE? I am using a Wand with
VR Juggler and communicates with PD through netreceive. It works great. You
may be able to use a similar setup but you will need to do some programming.

HTH
Soeren