[PD] mtof and other nonsense

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Thu Feb 27 21:13:52 CET 2003

Of course table look-up is enough and much faster than [maphash], my
suggestion was not good. It is in fact a typical usage of tables and
always has been in soft synth: it is mostly useful when you have to
perform the conversion at audio rate where even [mtof~] is not the best
choice .
It is documented for example in

53.delays.pd

and several other patches of the section 3. In some of these examples
the array is stored into the patch file.

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.