[PD] windows binaries / cvs

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Feb 28 10:27:12 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, smoerk wrote:
> i tried to compile a recent windows version of streamin~/streamout~, but gave up
> after a few minutes. the cvs tarball seems to have cvs tags in the files, not
> usable at all.

hi smoerk,

you are absolutely right, we should fix ASAP the build process for
Windows.

But first, for those who want to try it, you have to install WinCVS.
It is pretty useless to download the CVS tarball (which, you are right,
can't be used for development).

So install CVS (there is documentation where to get it at
pure-data.sf.net), or better go directly to

http://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/

and get WinCVS from there.

> also there seems to be no chance for me to compile this stuff with a free
> compiler for windows.
>
> is it maybe possible to provide weekly or monthly binaries for windows?`i'm
> bored of downloading externals from different locations on the net, which are
> not recent versions.

Yes, this would be great !
The problem we have currently is, that we do not have developers on
windows that are willing to do this.

All of this is based on volunteers work. The advantage of the CVS is that
we are in the position to collect all the work that is done. This work
includes compiling externals and fixing the problems that accur when doing
so.

So, again, this is a call for help. Is there anyone out there
who is willing to do the compilation system for windows in the CVS ?

Guenter