[PD] a simple example to get me started/newbie

MchZanes2 at aol.com MchZanes2 at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 23:50:37 CET 2003

               Hello. I have no backround in programming, so trying to get
past the audio test has been frustrating. I heard the test tones and the
white noise in that test; I'm able to get the command prompt up (run
C:pd/bin/pd.exe) as well as open up a new file from the main window. My ISP
recognizes TCP/IP as a possible internet connection, so THAT appears to be
turned on, though I'm "dial-up";  I keep reading and re-reading the manual
and all relevant info. from other sites but nowhere can I find someone with a
"simple example"  to give a "wah-newbie" like
me something to sink his teeth into. (If the examples in doc\2.control
examples thru 5.reference are supposed to "sound", then what EXACT procedure
do I need to follow to get that to happen? The same for the examples in the
main manual, I get no sound generated from these examples either, though test
tones work).

               Any help is appreciated. Thanks.  My  OS is WinXP.