[PD] a simple example to get me started/newbie

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Mar 2 00:23:25 CET 2003

hi,
not all of the examples produce sound, but some do (3.audio examples do).
after you open a patch, you have to turn dsp (signal processing) on. this is like "start rendering". this is done by clicking on the "dsp 1" message - if there is one, or in the main window "compute audio" or via keyboard shortcut or via taskbar audio - on. sound is produced and sent to your soundcard through the dac~ object. in many examples you will also have to turn up the volume. for example in 08.phase.mod. this is done by dragging the numberbox with the mouse to a value like 90 (this is dB). and then, finally, you have to set some values to hear sound. in 08.phase.mod you have to set the values of the carrier frequency to at least 40-50 (Hz) or far more up. if you change other values you hopefully will hear a difference in the output...
sme.