[PD] a simple example to get me started/newbie

Josh Kinberg jbkinb at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 00:33:17 CET 2003

There is a pretty good beginner's tutorial here (you can view it online or
download a PDF version):

http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki/index.php?PdTutorial

I'm new to PD as well, so I'm still playing around with the examples quite a
lot. That would be my suggestion for trying to familiarize yourself with PD
(or any programming language). Go over examples as much as you can, tweak
them around and see what does what. Try combining examples together and see
what happens. There are tons of examples in the Docs folder that come with
PD, and you can always copy-paste them into your projects. Also, a great
trick is to right-click (control-click on Mac) on any PD object and select
"help". This will bring up another PD window with some instructions on how
to use that object. If you right-click on an empty area on the PD canvas and
select "help", it will bring up a new window with a glossary of PD objects.

Hope that helps some.

--Josh