[PD] pix_film+separator=pd_crash!?

01ek 01ek at sat.qc.ca
Sun Mar 2 04:56:21 CET 2003

Hello
Last september, dmotd had a crashing issue with the pix_film or pix_movie
when used in combination with the separator object. I'm new to PD, and also
consistently crash pd when I turn on a rendering chain that has both
objects. I can't find a message on the PD list archive that ever finds the
problem with his patch. Did anyone figure out the problem, has it been
fixed, was it just a patching issue?

I get the exact same message he got:
The instruction at "0X015cf58b" referenced memory
at "0x0be06e8b". The memory could not be "read".

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alexander

PS: Is there any other way to split a video image to different objects and
retain each object's autonomous coordinates and values?

PPS: here is the simple patch again...

#N canvas 115 239 587 506 12;
#X obj 37 220 gemwin;
#X msg 33 95 0;
#X msg 65 113 1;
#X msg 98 136 create;
#X msg 129 161 destroy;
#X obj 299 33 gemhead;
#X obj 295 234 rotateXYZ;
#X obj 220 277 separator;
#X obj 365 272 separator;
#X obj 211 419 cube;
#X obj 371 420 cube;
#X floatatom 405 303 5 0 0;
#X floatatom 247 305 5 0 0;
#X floatatom 381 221 5 0 0;
#X obj 292 193 pix_texture2;
#X msg 385 51 auto \$1;
#X obj 385 32 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 20 8 0 8 -262144 -1
-1 0 1;
#X floatatom 327 137 5 0 0;
#X obj 293 166 pix_rgba;
#X obj 306 139 tgl 15 0 empty empty empty 20 8 0 8 -262144
-1 -1 01;
#X obj 295 112 pix_film;
#X msg 384 76 open homer.avi;
#X obj 213 339 translateXYZ;