[PD] pix_video on windows2000

01ek 01ek at sat.qc.ca
Tue Mar 4 00:12:27 CET 2003

Hello. I'm trying to use the pix_video object with a creative usb webcampro on win2000. I'm using gem 0.87.

it doesn't work. When I create the object I het the popup window, select the webcam, I get "pix_video: driver 'creative webcam pro <VFW>'"

but then "error: GEM: pix_videoNT: Unable to connect to video driver."

Is the driver just not supported, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to configure the pix_video object so that this works?

in february, Daniel Heckenberg wrote:
Pix_video under NT is rather particular about how it tries to configure the
capture device... It also doesn't support DV cameras because such devices
aren't exposed to VideoForWindows.

I'll post some (alpha) video input objects which I've written for NT which
provide a bit more functionality.  There's one for VideoForWindows and
another for DirectShow which does allow DV devices to be used.

Is it possible that this webcam would work with your input object?

What else should I try?

thanks for help.
Alexander