[PD] looking for a non-linear stereo pan object

Marco Scoffier marco4linux at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 4 00:27:48 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:32:41PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Marco Scoffier hat gesagt: // Marco Scoffier wrote:
>
> > I only changed two lines in the source code but if you want to play
> > around with it I put the code up here:
> > http://metm.org/pd/pan_gogins~.tgz
>
> Sounds cool, even slightly better than the sqrt version I'm often
> using as a graph-on-parent abstraction (as attached).
>
> But your code seems to have a small bug: if the degree is turned fully
> left or right (-45 or 45), I can hear both sides then.

I think that there is always some sound out of both speakers.
It is a feature !  If you look at the graph at:
http://www.csounds.com/ezine/autumn1999/beginners/
under the section advanced panning, you see the little red and blue
lines don't go to zero (or -1 in the case of the graph).

I could try to modify it to go further than -45 to 45, but I am not sure
this would work.  I am certainly not an expert at these things.
Just collected a bunch of cool tips.

--Marco