[PD] makenote channel

Jim Aikin midiguru23 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 4 02:21:03 CET 2003

I'm attempting to make a midi note generator (sort of a sideways step
sequencer that will eventually have some more interesting algorithmic
properties). At the moment I'm somewhat mystified by the fact that I
can't provide a channel argument to makenote. This fact may explain why
Pd is not sending any notes to the computer's MIDI out. Or there may be
some other problem....

I've specified -midiindev 1,2 -midioutdev 1,2 in the command line (this
is in Windows 98SE). Although now that I think of it, MIDI out was
working fine the other day even though I only specified a midiindev. Hmm.

I'm sure I can use noteout objects instead and handle the note-offs by
hand, but I was hoping to simplify my life. Does anyone have any hints
about what makenote does (or doesn't do)?

Thanks!

--Jim Aikin