[PD] Network socket problem

david moss monokinetic at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 12:15:32 CET 2003

allo all who gave me some nice suggestions, its always
great to get some feedback from people who are using
this rather amazing bit of software :-)
for anyone who is interested I spent 2 days playing
around with this machine and couldnt solve it....

until by accident I went to the installed componants
under windows start>settings>control panel> add/remove
software. In this panel there is an option to check
the installed windows componants/ extensions. Under
communications all of the usual extensions were
installed except direct connection via cable. I turned
this on and rebooted (for probably the millionth
time!!) and low and behold - pd and framestein work
like a dream :-))))))))))

Yes I know its typical windows story but just thought
I would post it here so that if anyone else runs into
a similar problem they dont have to loose as much hair
as I have in the last week!!!!

Kind Regards

Dave mK