[PD] Re: GemG4

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Thu Mar 6 02:41:53 CET 2003

>as you told me, gem is running on my pismo. very nice!! but i do
>have problems with the new g4 objects. i followed the postings on
>the list. i seem to do something wrong, because all of these yuv
>obj. do not work or crash. movies 320 X 240, animation compression.

didi

animation codec is RGB pixels and QT does not convert them to yuv.
try using another codec like photo jpeg (nearly every codec is yuv,
only animation, video and none are RGB).

also, don't use the g4 version on a G3!!!  there is no check for the
altivec unit and GEM will crash with an illegal instruction error.

i will cc this to the pd list as well...

cgc