[PD] pd-iiwu from iiwusynth 0.0.6 to 0.2.1 results in zero output?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 6 08:25:16 CET 2003

Hallo,
Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:

> Hi, yes I know I posted the iiwu~ object to begin with, so you might wonder
> why I'm asking the group this question. But the truth is, I just recently
> tried iiwu~ with version 0.2.1 of iiwusynth. Everything builds fine, as as
> far as I can tell, the new iiwusynth.h seems compatabile with the old one.
> If I set the synth VERBOSE creation flag, I can see that the note-on's are
> being received by iiwu. In short, everything seems fine, except there is zero
> output (by that I mean, the iiwu_synth_write_float seems to always write
> zeros).
>
> So, if anyone has alread tried building iiwu~ with a newer version of
> iiwusynth,  could you let me know if it worked for you?

It might be a new setting, that I stumbled over, too, with my
competitive external flext-iiwu. Do you have something like this in
iiwu~:

iiwu_synth_settings_t pd_iiwu_settings = IIWU_DEFAULT_SETTINGS;

// plugin synth: AUDIO off
pd_iiwu_settings.flags        &= ~IIWU_AUDIO;
pd_iiwu_settings.sample_format = IIWU_FLOAT_FORMAT;

Then it might work. fiiwu~ also uses iiwu_synth_write_float, but it
works with libiiwu 0.2.2.

ciao