[PD] GEM: very newbie and bumb question

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Fri Mar 7 02:16:11 CET 2003

>I don't use any primitive... i just use the pix_draw
>to show the image on screen (i saw this in the first
>patch of the "04.pix" files).

try and use a [pix_texture] + geo combination.  in addition to the
resizing you will also get a nice increase in performance.

on a somewhat related note:
i have made, but not committed, a [projector] geo that takes pixel
sizes as arguments [projector 640 480].   it might help some people
out to use an object that works with pixel dimensions rather than the
somewhat unknown GL dimensions (meters? furlongs?  acres?).  it also
has an 'auto' mode to fill the gemwin with the image, which has been
a much requested feature.  the object needs a bit more testing and
tweaking before it gets added to the CVS.

cgc