[PD] portaudio asio upgrade

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Mar 7 19:25:47 CET 2003

Hallo,
Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com hat gesagt: // Pixelcorrection at wmconnect.com wrote:

> how do you upgrade portaudio?  Are there good compiled portaudio
> packages availabe?  I am trying to set pd to have -inchannels 2
> -outchannels 6 to take advantage of my new surround sound card with
> asio drivers.  I'm on Win98se.  Please be very step by step with
> your answers ie download this put it here, add some lines of text
> there.

Portaudio is hardwired in the Pd source code, i.e. Miller is using a
slightly modified custom version of PA in Pd. You might try to
recompile Pd after you substituted the portaudio files in the Pd
source, but that is not exactly a beginner's task and I would rather
wait until the next Pd version is out.

ciao