impulses (was: Re: [PD] help making a square wave?)

pix pix at test.at
Sat Mar 8 20:49:26 CET 2003

the reason it doesn't work is because comparing floating point numbers for
equality rarely works. if you are doing a test for ==~ 0, the value will
often be something very close but not exactly equal to 0. normally when
comparing floating point numbers use test to see if they are closer than
some very small number (normally referred to as epsilon), so you would do
something like [phasor~] -> [<~ 0.01]... not that 0.01 is very small, but
you get the idea.

tho i'm not trying to suggest that this is a particularly good way of
going about it. it mostly depends what you want to use the pulses for.

the zexy signal comparison objects tend to be pretty cpu heavy anyhow, so
i tend to avoid them. err... by cpu heavy, i mean if i use a few in an
nqpoly grain, it starts to kill audio.

pix.