[PD] pd on gericom masterpiece 2440

Derek Holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Mar 9 12:26:44 CET 2003

hi andre,

my own laptop, and Asus L3, has the same chip. with xfree version 4.1 or 4.2.1
(the best you can apt-get with debian anyway) i still had to do tons of
hand-configuration to get it running. problem was quickly solved with an early
snapshot of xfree 4.3.0 (4.2.99.909, i beleive). anyway, linux binaries for
xfree 4.3.0 are available now at:

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.3.0/binaries/

and they should handle most problems. still having a bit of trouble with
hardware acceleration. (not an issue for me, as i only run pd and not much for
3d graphics).

in this case, maybe the Direct Rendering Infrastructure could be of interest:

http://dri.sourceforge.net/

have fun!
d.

http://shop.mediamarkt.de/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=16005&catalogId=5000&langId=-3&storeId=5000&categoryId=10001