[PD] pix_buf and separator

01ek 01ek at sat.qc.ca
Sun Mar 9 19:54:57 CET 2003

>(this reminds me: i have fixed bugs in [pix_buf] and [separator]. going to
>check these in)

If I have a pix_video  that I want to texture map onto two seperate objects,
and be able to manipulate each object's parameters individually without both
objects being effected when I perform a rotate or translate, first I thought
that the separator object would work to do this. But the separtaor always
crashes PD when I have an active pix_video in the chain. So Rainer told me
to us the pix_buf instead, but that doesn't work either. I'm on Windows 2000
with Gem 0.87; are the bugs you mention fixing responsible?

I can't get a clear answer of whether the separator is supposed to work.
Does it work with the pix_film, _movie, _video objects on other platforms?

thanks for any clarification.
alexander