[PD] GEM: help with alpha settings

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Mar 10 09:30:47 CET 2003

arm pdlist wrote:
> I forgot to mention that i use pix_texture2 and
> rectangle to show the pic.
never mind
 > Do you mean i have to put
> rectangle, then colorRGB and alpha (being these 2 the
> last objects on the chain?

no.
as you might have noticed, in Gem basic modifiers (like [rotate],
[color] or [alpha]) apply to all openGL-objects ("Geos", like
[rectangle] or [sphere]) that are "below" them.
thus "colorRGB and alpha (being these 2 the last objects on the chain)"
will have no effect at all.
it should look like

[pix_film superdooper.avi]

[pix_texture2]

[colorRGB]

[alpha]

[rectangle 4 3]

the last inlet of [colorRGB] is for alpha (as ben has already said) and
sets the colour for the rectangle (this has nothing to do with the
texture-data). Since this can be done by hw-accelerated gfx-cards, it
might be very fast (setting the alpha-channel of the image-data would be
slow)
[alpha] enables alpha-blending (otherwise the alpha-channel would be
ignored)

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes