[PD] Quattro on Linux woes

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 10 23:41:17 CET 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:
> I don't know if this is specific to your notebook. PD generally
> triggers a bug in ALSA's OSS emulation, so do not use it with ALSA
> and -oss.

It was more like a desperate try, I don't intend to use OSS...

> > BTW: usb-uhci and eth0 (the networkcard is module 8139too) share the
> > same interrupt, 11. The 8139too doesn't support setting the interrupt,
> > though.
>
> It is really hard to say. In the CVS there is yet another version
> of s_linux.c for ALSA. It may work (considering that alsaplayer works).

I think, I compiled the current CVS as well as the debian cvs5
package. (I'm recompiling Pd like crazy currently, because I somehow
need to get Pd working for the LAD conference. I might have lost
track, which version is currently running, but all failed on the
laptop so far.)

I better get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

ciao