[PD] Setting Pd's period size to be fine with Quattro

pix pix at test.at
Tue Mar 11 13:45:08 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:36:03 +0100 (CET)
guenter geiger <geiger at xdv.org> wrote:

> Which version exhibits this problem ?
> THe debian repackaged and the version in CVS have fundamentally
> different ALSA drivers.

meaning the cvs version is probably better? i didn't realise this and just
grabbed it and tried to see if it gave me any better alsa performance, but
no such luck.

my age old alsa/pd problem would be rendered by frank as

"doooooo-crunch-doooooo-crunch-doooooo" ;)

the crunching is somewhat irregular.

i've had this problem with all of the pd version i've tried (that would be
almost every miller tarball, and just now, the cvs version).

> You should be able to set the buffersize -blocksize and number of
> fragments with -frags ... but ..

setting these values higher doesn't seem to give me any better results.
setting them lower degrades the situation predictably.

anyhow, sorry about the vagueness of the problem report. but it would be
great if i could get around this, as the alsa usb audio driver seems to
(appart from this show stopping click) be able to do 6channel output with
my emi2|6 under pd.

pix.