[PD] ogg/mp3 players

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Mar 12 09:22:28 CET 2003

x,

I'm also working on somthing similar.  I'm trying to get a code-base
together based on readsf~ (which is rock solid on my system) that can play
most formats - ogg, mp3, wav, aiff...maybe then also compilable support
for flac, speex, etc.

a  readanysf~, or something like that.

what do you have so far?  variable speed and direction are a plus, but I
also think it should also be able to seek and spit out time - with a bang
at the end-of-file for looping and other control purposes.  would also be
cool to get it to read files or http/rtp.

I have been trying with various libs - ffmpeg and gstreamer as a general
lib, and ogg, mad and libmpeg for my own bare-bones classes.  Im also
looking at Olaf's and Yves code for their ogg and mp3 players.

maybe we should get together.

- august.