[PD] problems with latest s_linux.c from cvs

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu Mar 13 20:13:36 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to install pd with the latest alsa-compatible s_linux.c from
Günther and encounter the following problems:

Using cvs:

orm at grisey:~/pd/pd-co$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/pure-data
CVS password:

I gave an empty password and then:

orm at grisey:~/pd/pd-co$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co -r devel_0_36
cvs [checkout aborted]: must specify at least one module or directory
orm at grisey:~/pd/pd-co$

If I checkout pd, I get a rather old version of s_linux.c (dated from
November 2002).

Getting s_linux.c using http and replacing in src gives the following
compile errors:

cc -DPD -DUNIX  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes  -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer  -DDL_OPEN -DINSTALL_PREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -I. -c -o ../obj/s_linux.o s_linux.c
s_linux.c:145: `API_PROBE' undeclared here (not in a function)
make: *** [s_linux.o] Fehler 1
orm at grisey:~/pd/pd-co/pd/src$

Then I tried to copy the configure.in and configure from http,
then did "autoconf" and then ./configure, but
configure stops with the following error:

checking for XCreateWindow in -lX11... yes
checking tcl.h usability... no
checking tcl.h presence... no
checking for tcl.h... no
./configure: line 4595: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./configure: line 4595: `  yes:no'
orm at grisey:~/pd/pd-co/pd/src$

Any ideas?

--