[PD] Re: compilation problems 2

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri Mar 14 23:13:21 CET 2003

Hi Michael,

> only adjusting the pathnames in "config-pd-msvc" and vst.dsp (which if
> I understand correctly doesn't have any influence on the nmake????)
> and runnning the build-batch I get the following error, which I find
> qute confusing:

> Then I realized, that there was always a blank line like:
> clean

> A general question would be: how can I use a *.dsp-file on a console
> with nmake (I am used to doing console-compilations on linux, but not
> on windows), since I seem to be unable to get your *.dsp-files
> integrated to my MSVC (is it a language problem, since I have a German
> version? MSVC just keeps claiming, that your files are not
> MSVCgenerated files.....)

methinks that there is some problem with cvs. I don't know if it's a
general problem or if it's just on your side.
It seems that your checked out files have a wrong line feed for your
Windows system which confuses nmake and the compiler.
I'll have a look into it.

> what gave me a vst~.dll not really working.   Where is this /OPT:REF
> being set? I cant find it anywhere in the makefile. What about the
> conflict with LIBC?

Normally, the libc conflict does not have serious consequences but it's
not necessary that there is a conflict. I'll try to resolve it.

> I am a musician and not a professional programmer. So I have to
> apologize, if some of my questions just don't comply to what is
> expected from a programmer.

I'm fine with that. I think it's a bad habit to rely on all PD  (which
is an audio software for people making music) users being programmers.
I'm striving not to.

best greetings,