[PD] who moved the slider?

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sun Mar 16 01:27:28 CET 2003

         Maybe this isn't what you want, but couldn't you just put a spigot
on the outlet of the slider. Whenever the algorithm moves the slider it
also closes the spigot, and then opens it when the algorithm's finished
moving it.

         If you're worried about the send of the slider you could use an
intermediary stage and send to a spigot, and then put that data to another
send value and have the spigot work the same way as before...

         But I guess you wouldn't be able to override the algorithm manually...

At 12:44 AM 16/03/2003 +0100, Olaf Matthes wrote:
>is it possible to switch off the connection between a sliders input and
>it's output? I would like to use a slider that can be moved by the user
>or positioned by an algorhythm. But in case Pd moves it by itselfe I
>don't want to get any data out of the outlet.... Or the other way round:
>is there any way to decide weather the user moved the slider or Pd did
>by sending data to it's input?
>
>Any ideas? [I could hack the code, of course.. ;-) ]

.
. David McCallum
.  Music wants to be free
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/