[PD] Freeframe (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 16 02:48:13 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, august wrote:

> just thought I'd pass this on for the visually oriented.  first I've
> heard of this.  looks cool.

The effects look quite good, but the API is horrible. The "very simple
interface" is about as friendly as ioctl() or as the MS-DOS Kernel API...
This brings us seriously closer to assembly language, and we know how many
of us love assembly language...

But that's a detail... you can skip the specification itself and work from
the sample plugin... that's what most would do anyway.

the part that really decides between good/ok and bad is whether you can
have several objects of the same class... you can't (at least not by using
the sample code). you load the .so once, you create one object by calling
initialise(), and then you can't create a second one.

Multiple instances are planned but the way it's done it means an
incompatible API... and we know what incompatible APIs mean.

So I'm not interested at all.