[PD] feature request (disabled-objects)

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu umbpux at tin.it
Sun Mar 16 14:31:17 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 03:14, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> >2. changing an objectbox's arguments to something wrong should not delete
> >its connections to other objects. maybe those connections could be dotted
> >or dashed in turn, but it's also good to leave them as-is.
> >

> yes, that's annoying to lose the connections, good point.

With this the parser will get a bit more complicated because when an
object is created, pd would have to know all the connections made to and
from this object. It will go 2 step instead of one.

Note that the current mechanism is one of the reason why it is somehow
hard to implement a MusicV-like language on top of PD, which sometimes
would be handy. At least, I love PD but for patching things on screen.
You may think that I don't like PD then but that's not true.

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.