[PD] sound daemon with esd?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Mar 18 11:58:31 CET 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, smoerk wrote:
> you can try it with alsa drivers, i can use several audio applications
> with a soundblaster live and alsa. also you can try jack as audio server
> [1]. if you are using redhat, you can find it (and freebirth) at Planet
> CCRMA [2]. there is also a description how to use freebirth with jack.
>
> [1] http://jackit.sf.net
> [2] http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

The problem with using libjackasyn and freebirth is that the graphics
update do not seem to work correctly.

So in order to use it you have to recompile freebirth with libjackasyn
(I put them on http://devel.demudi.org/download/)

The cool thing about using it with jack is that you can hook up all
sorts of pd effects to freebirth.

Greetings,

Guenter