[PD] mp3write~ memoryleak

stotz oliver at klingt.org
Tue Mar 18 14:34:15 CET 2003

Quoting Joreg Diessl <joreg at gmx.at>:

> halo.
>
> it took me a long time to find out why my pc freezes after about 30
> minutes of operation. but now i think i found something.
>
> i am using [mp3write~] to generate an mp3 file that is then taken by
> an other program and moved to a different folder (i can't do that
> within pd, right?).

you could try the "system"-object in the "motex"-library to send commands to
the console from within pd. this way you could start batch-programs to move the
mp3 file. but i guess you would have to accept a short break in recording to
really free memory

anyway it's worth a try.

http://www.reverberant.com/PD/motex_1_1_3.zip

 now i noticed that my system is continuously