[PD] midi button logic problem

Antonis Galanopoulos addon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 16:20:50 CET 2003

Hi all,
I have the following problem and I was wandering if somemody here could help.

For a project I am working on I use a MIDI controller(Peavy Studiomix ) wth
faders buttons and knobs.
I want to use the buttons as toggles. The problem is that pressing and
realesing the button will send 4 messages like that:

print: 2500 127
print: 2500 127
print: 2500 0
print: 2500 0
That means that when I realese the button it will return to its previous
value(0)
This is not the behaviour I am looking for . What I want is each time I press
the button to change state and stay there.

I am also confused by the fact that it it sending its message twice. I think
that is something to do with that particular hardware.

Please enlighten me!

--
regards
anton