[PD] Video analysis - more questions

arm pdlist arm_pdlist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 02:32:17 CET 2003

I'm doing also some video analysis to produce music. I
have a web cam that i use to generat music with VST
plug-ins. My aproach so far has been very "naive". I
set an 255 position array with the grey values of the
video, and then i choose, say position 100 of the 255
array, set a metro to read that value with an interval
of 400ms, and then convert those values to notes. But
i wan't something better.

What tools do you recommend? I've heard about GridFlow
(although i don't really know what it does) but i use
PD and GEM in Windows, so i think GridFlow is out of
question (it runs on Linux only, right?). What are the
things/tools that you recommend to improve the
analysis of the live video to produce music?