[PD] PD 0.36-0 and Jack 0.61.0 doesn't work?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Mar 19 10:24:32 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Antonis Galanopoulos wrote:
> thats what I get when it starts:
>
> ear:/home/anton/Desktop/final_practical_project # pd -jack -rt -outchannels 8
> /home/anton/Desktop/final_practical_project/controller2.pd
> reading startup file: /root/.pdrc
> Testing for Jack
>
> *** libjack: WARNING! Use of function jack_set_buffer_size_callback() is
> deprecated! ***
>
> jack: sample rate 48000/sec
> using JACK audio interface
> priority 98 scheduling enabled.
> memory locking enabled.
> priority 96 scheduling enabled.
> memory locking enabled.
>
> and at the end:
> engine has shut down socket; thread exiting
> pd_gui: pd process exited
>
> I also tried with simpler patches because the one I work uses 8 jack outputs.
> No difference however.

Doesn't look good. It seems that pd just crashes. Have you tried
starting pd without a patch and load the testtone ?

Also, at this stage I would probably need your system information,
and contents of your .pdrc file.

I am still not able to reproduce it, anyone else has the same problem ?

Greetings,

Guenter