[PD] average amp of a soundfile

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Thu Mar 20 23:19:10 CET 2003

Hi,
interestingly, up till now there was no means in vasp for that....
however, if you check it out from cvs tomorrow morning you'll find a
vasp.sum? object for this kind of things.

In the pd-ex/vasp_qsum.pd help file you'll also find an example for RMS
calculation which i think is what you want to do.
In principle it does the following:

[vasp buf( -> [vasp.sqr] -> [vasp.sum?] -> [/ samples ] -> [sqrt] -> RMS
value

There will hopefully be a more elegant (non-destructible though in-place)
way for that in the future......

best greetings,
Thomas