[PD] video analysis II

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Mar 23 16:15:48 CET 2003

hi,
could someone point me to some basics in understanding of video signal. i
need to analyze a video input signal very roughly, like
brightness/luminosity of black/white in low resolution an framerate (some
frames per second). actually i want to detect changes or movement through
the picture/screen.
i have installed gem and pdp, but don't know all the objects yet. later it
is also important, that i will be able to run the patch in -nogui mode,
because the cpu is quite old and slow and i need all available resources. i
think Gem is not working then???
hardware is working fine (though slow, 200MHz, for video input i use a
win-tv card), only my "know how" is poor : (
btw some objects of pdp cannot be created (pdp_blur, pdp_motion_phase).
should i change to a newer version? now i am using 0.10.1. and last
question: pdp_xv shows an error: no xv port available. is this a software
problem, or does my tv-card not support this?

thnx in advance, marius.