[PD] Linux question

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Mar 23 16:37:14 CET 2003

hi,
i think for a linux-beginner it is the best to start with a distribution
that has an easy installing process and some written documentation, because
there are many new things to learn. debian maybe is not the best choice to
start with. maybe choose SuSE for example or redhat. the problem with those
distributions is, that they do many processes and configurations in the
background and automatically which many people do not like... anyway, most
linux-hardcore-freaks swear on debian, which seems to be very stable and
easy to manage - if you know how. speaking for myself i still failed to
setup all my hardware within a day on a debian system and changed back to
suse. so i'd rather say there IS a difference in distros!
marius.