[PD] mp3write~ memoryleak

joreg joreg at gmx.at
Sun Mar 23 16:56:30 CET 2003

halo olaf.

OM> I managed to reproduce the increase in memory usage and found the bug. Lame was initialised everytime
OM> a new file was opened but only closed once when quiting Pd. This, I think, also applies to the Yves
OM> linux version. I've fixed this and upladed the archive on my web site (but it's still called 0.4).
yes. thats it. memory is no longer growing.

OM> I couldn't reproduce your empty file problem.... I can record as usual and Winamp (2.8) plays all the
OM> files as usual. This is on Win2k. You you email me a small mp3 file off the list?
hmm.. recording now works again as expected.
but i think there are two more things: when i stop recording the
console always says 'flushed 1926 bytes' no matter how long i
recorded. and i have the feeling that 'truncate' and 'append' make no
difference. recording is always appended when i don't close the file
and reopen it.

joreg.