[PD] video analysis II

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Sun Mar 23 17:22:23 CET 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, marius schebella wrote:

> i need to analyze a video input signal very roughly, like
> brightness/luminosity of black/white in low resolution an framerate (some
> frames per second). actually i want to detect changes or movement through
> the picture/screen.

I made a very simple brightness analyzer for PDP a couple of days ago. It
outputs the average of the red, green and blue components as fkoats in
each frame. Haven't published it yet, because it was a quick and dirty
hack on a late night. I expect to rush it out in a couple of days...

> btw some objects of pdp cannot be created (pdp_blur, pdp_motion_phase).
> should i change to a newer version? now i am using 0.10.1.

Add the abstractions directory of PDP to your pd -path ... (best done in
your ~/.pdrc file).

>and last
> question: pdp_xv shows an error: no xv port available. is this a software
> problem, or does my tv-card not support this?

XV is an extension to X, and has nothing to do with your tv card. Check
your XFree86 configuration.

best,
 j#|@